Concerns addressed in student art release question

---------

From: knitzber (knitzber_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 16 2004 - 08:17:48 PDT

Districts often have policies regarding the privacy of
students that
require student identification to be protected. Parents /
guardians
typically need to give permission to have their children's
full names
provided in conjunction with a work produced, event
attended,
competition won, etc. In my district, work can be
identified without
permission by giving only the first name and last initial.
No photograph
identifying a particular student by their full name may be
used either
without that permission waiver.

On my site, I have pictures of students provided in
conjunction with
information about different events, activities labeled in
this manner, in
addition to examples of artwork produced in my classes.

Kevan
web site: http://www.anoka.k12.mn.us/ahsnitzberg

---