Re: art room environments

---------

From: Pam Smith (thinkart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 14 2004 - 23:59:50 PDT

Whoever builds schools, never fail to amaze with with their lack of thought.
Very few schools in Hawaii, of all places, have any air-conditioning. Most
of the band rooms have it, but the rest of us are supposed to just deal with
the hot, humid weather. We have to beg or bring on our own fans.

That all aside, my problem it the acoustics. My room is large old home ec
room with a high ceiling. The noise is horrible and I have to use a very
loud voice to be heard. I want to put up some banners next year to break up
the sound traveling. Does anyone have any experience with this type of
thing. My research tells my that bad acoustics is a very wide spread problem
in the educational setting.

Mahalo to all have a wonderful summer.
Pam

---