Re: Altered Book Lesson Plan on IAD

---------

From: Sue Stewart (Sue_Stewart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 14 2004 - 12:31:49 PDT

The biggest problem I encountered at school is NOT having enough 'junk"
for them to use so they were limited in what they could do - for instance,
not having the stiff colored papers for pop up, or not having braid and
yarn and junk fabric for collage. Collect things like the Sunday comics,
old nature magazines, cellophane, tissue paper, bits of thread, etc -
especially wanted was glitter and fake "diamonds" and the sort of thing
Michaels and craft stores have a ton of. This is especially a place to
ask parents for donations. I have done it with high school kids, and they
actually will go and buy things for their books, but littles can't. I am
in the big round-robin from this group and find I am still collecting
stuff for myself to use at home.

Sue E. Stewart
Fine Arts and English
Sumner High School