Re: good books

---------

From: Elizabeth Heisey (eheisey_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 14 2004 - 08:16:54 PDT

I just finished the novel Almost French by Sara Turnbull. I loved how
she was able to explain to me the French take on friendships, fashion,
food, and so many other subjects. She speaks from experience, having
failed French in college but eventually marrying a Frenchman. The story
is not so much of their intimate relationship but of all her growth in
understanding things French.
Beth
ps On a more practical note I am reading Learning in Overdrive
(Mitchell, Wills, etc). It helps re-align your curriculum with
standards in practical ways.

On Jun 14, 2004, at 10:40 AM, Mbhirst@aol.com wrote:

> I am interested in your summer reading lists---what are you
> artsednetters reading?
> Marcia
>
> A couple of my suggestions:
> Barbara Kingsolver's essays and Prodigal Summer
> Parker Palmer's Courage to Teach
>
> ---
> leave-artsednet-20359V@lists.getty.edu

---