RE: art room environments

---------

From: Leslie Miller (lamiller3_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 13 2004 - 08:33:25 PDT

Well, only one of our elementary schools has AC, on no, two. One was built
for AC, and then it wasn't put in. For years, with mold growing across the
ceilings and in the walls, and teachers getting sick and kids getting sick,
no AC. Then some parents got up in arms and they redid the place and AC.
The school committee still thinks that my school has AC, but only our office
has it. The room we use for art zooms up into the 90's with warm weather.
The kids and I just yawn at each other and have no energy, when that
happens.

They just are rebuilding the High School. (0 million dollars or so. AC
just ikn the offices and science wing!

Go figure! I'm glad I'm leaving this town's school system. Too bad I feel
that way. I love what I'm doing.

Maine... here I come!

Leslie in Framingham, now off to school to load a kiln and organize work to
get back to the kids. Target date: The 21st-half a day.
Subject: art room environments

<< Susan on Long Island (whose classroom was literally 98 degrees yesterday
with high humidity, and TWO more weeks of school!) >>

This is horrible!! One of my schools is not air conditioned. Only recently
(in the past 3 years) have schools in my district started to get a/c. They

---