Re: Thanks and Farewell

---------

From: sandra summers-barrick (tamayo_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 12 2004 - 04:01:06 PDT

WE do what we have to do for our kids and I thank you for volunteering.
I am finally on a salary job after twenty years of teaching art. Yeah I
do have a degree, but it was also important that I stay home, work part
time(which also meant part time not salary), volunteer, work full time
but would not pay for an art teacher, so did it free. My kids also
suffer from not having a school that pays for an art teacher, so this
year after my whopping 10$ for the past 5 years I left and have a
full-time art teaching salary job, which was hard for me to choose. Now
I make a whopping 26,000$ still not the most but our family was
suffering with my measly contribution, however i believe that my kids
and others gained from my volunteering. What I'm mean to
say that I really believe that parents should be pro active in their
kids education and in society as well. But stay in touch and listen in
or talk that would be most welcomed.
Sandra

Peter/Marty wrote:

> Dear Friends,
> I'm just a stay-at-home mom with a degree and lots of experience in social
> work. However, my passion was always art. So ten years ago when I realized
> that our school district offered nothing in the way of elementary art, I
> started my quest to get it into the curriculum.

---