RE: Mondrian and Boogie-woogie Broadway lesson

---------

From: Dennis Golombek (dennis_golombek_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 09 2004 - 17:31:48 PDT

Thanks for the reminder about Mondrian and Broadway Boogie Woogie. It was
this painting that really got me interested in art when I was in 6th grade
in 1956. It was a substitute teacher who brought a poster of the painting in
and played Gershwin's "American in Paris" to simulate the sounds of Broadway
traffic on an old 78 rpm record player.(Anyone out there recall those?) I
believe that was my first multi-media experience n a Friday afternoon.

I know it was Friday because it was a Catholic school and we only did art
stuff in the classroom with the teacher on Fridays after the weekly spelling
bee.

Dennis

a trip to NY