summer classes in my studio

---------

From: Jean Womack (jeaneger_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 08 2004 - 18:24:53 PDT

Dear Friends,
Here I am, your faithful, much maligned and misunderstood day to day
substitute with an art credential, having just survived the daily bust by
middle school students. Well, the last day of school is tomorrow and summer
looms. I was thinking about teaching an art 1 class in my home on Saturdays
and Sundays this summer, for maximum six students. I could write a syllabus
that would fulfill the California Standards. I wonder if anyone ever tried
that or knew of anyone who did. Is it possible for a student to get high
school credit by taking a private class? Would they present a portfolio or
take a test or something? I will be very very glad to learn from your
experience.
Sincerely,
Jean Womack

---