Re: How Do I Store Slide Film

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 07 2004 - 20:16:48 PDT

Joe Cox wrote:
> I hope everyone's summer is starting or about to start off good. I have
> a question on storing some slide film. I purchased too much this year
> for my AP class and need to store about 10 rolls to use next year. I
> have heard that you should keep it in a cool place, should I keep it in
> the refrigerator?

Joe,

Refrigeration is usually for professional or specialty films. You can
keep your film under normal household temps with no problem.
Refrigeration does not prolong the life of the film, and, in fact, the
high humidity can have a negative effect on it.

I've used slide films for many years, and have even used some that were
"expired;" they were fine.

Kodak has a really good FAQS page on its Web site.

Maggie

---