Jancy's Found Art Lesson now on IAD

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 06 2004 - 18:56:33 PDT

Greetings ArtsEdNetters,

I know you don't want to start thinking about the fall
yet.... but I wanted to get this lesson shared now.
Jancy Cossin's had great success with her Found Art
Lesson for middle school kids.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Jancy-FoundArt.htm
Lesson plan - Student handout and assessmnet WS.

This is what sparked Jancy's lesson (Jancy made her
own stickers and used her own site):

The web address is http://www.found-art.com

In this project, people make small pieces of art and
leave them in the community for others to find. You
can print out stickers from the site to put on the
art. The stickers tell the finder about the project
and direct them to the website where they can find out
about the artist.
Grace Hall did a similar lesson with high school. Her
student work is on Artsonia.
http://www.artsonia.com/schools/bogalusa1

Judy Decker