RE: Restoring Hard Clay!!!

---------

From: San D (kprs_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 06 2004 - 06:53:27 PDT

With lids on these buckets they 'stack' one on top of the other. Like most
art teachers space was a premium in my room as well. We just did the best we
could stacking them. I wouldn't recommend stacking them higher than 3. We
also stacked them in a way that kids could just come in and get their
buckets and get to work. (My idea of teaching is to make sure they come in
and work immediately, no down time). The logistics of buckets is that you
have they are grouped together according class or tables. The 'decorations'
on the outside make them easy to find. For ceramics I kept them all year
around. For crafts classes, when we were done with the clay portion of the
class, the clay that was left was put in a common bucket, the rest of the
buckets were cleaned out and then put one inside the other, and put away
until next year. At the end of the year, you either throw out the buckets or
save them.

San D

Great idea, San D, but where did you store all of those buckets? Did
you have them around all year?