procion, hard year, summer

---------

From: MERRILEE GLADKOSKY (gladrag_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 06 2004 - 04:57:16 PDT

I'm in Connecticut and we go until the 21st of June.
I have a ticket to NM for a dollmakers' conference on
the 22nd and am staying ten days, hoping for a healed
body and spirit. Each year it seems that the "dog and
pony" show for pleasing adminitstrators and parents
must get larger. I love these people, but am working
on a system to downsize our art show and our invention
convention to a reasonable and manageable size. My
job seems to generate a great deal of stress even
though I have a terrific situation and adore what I
do. I'm absolutely exhausted.
     We used procion dye to do t-shirts with the sixth
graders. Even though we followed directions carefully
(including for safe use of this), the blues ran into
the white of the cotton. The colors just weren't
crisp. any advice?
     and......at one point in the year my room was
closed down for a day, considered "unsafe".....I was
given help to clean. BUT.........this kind of
episode continues to haunt me. I can't seem to work
hard enough or fast enough. Kids just don't clean up.
 I am covering all open cabinets with curtains. I
think that will help a great deal to eliminate visual
clutter..............BUT....I think I need to simplify
what I use and do with the kids. Anyone have any
advice? As I write this I can tell you my spirit is
down to zero. I feel whipped. Also, coping with leg
and ankle muscle issues and pain, I can't wait for
summer to regenerate. Love, to you all,
Blessings...Merrilee
www.fabricmanglers.homestead.com

---