RE: Art Teacher Job Openings - and a letter from Leslie-Longish, but not too long-sort of a rant and warning

---------

From: Leslie Miller (lamiller3_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 02 2004 - 19:07:31 PDT

And yet... Linda,

I have children come back and they have heard. I have parents of grown up
former students, who say they remember, and a goodly amount do go on to art
or art related things. I love having been around so long, s I have students
who are kids of past students. I love teaching with former students. It's
just too bad the administration is so weak. The School committee says over
and over again, that arts have to be cut to make room for learning. They
don't get it. I think that means, we , the art teachers have failed.

I'm glad I'll be on my own next year. I'm waiting for it, but I'll always
feel that I've failed.

I love looking at your school's website and pass it on to the other art
teachers.

Les