Re: Digital Camera/Camcorder Help!!

---------

From: Harold Olejarz (hoart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 02 2004 - 16:44:53 PDT

Hi,

I have a Canon PowerShot 550 that I think is great. It is small and
takes great photos at 5 megapixels. The price has come down a bit since
I got it. I posted some pictures that I took with it in London last
summer on my web site:

http://www.olejarz.com/art/london2003/index.htm

As for digital video I would stay away from DV camcorders that record
directly onto DVDs. There is leading edge and bleeding edge and in this
case recording onto a DVD may be bleeding edge. It is very new and
there are probably still some bugs to be worked out. Also, DVDs are
more expensive than miniDV tapes.

If you get into digital video get an eMac for $999 that has a
superdrive, iMovie and iDVD. Then you can edit your video and burn
DVDs.

We use Canon DVD camcorders at school. They have been OK considering
that they are used every school day 6 periods a day. Some of them have
died after a year or two. But once again the 6th, 7th and 8th graders
that use them really use them.

Harold

personal web site - www.olejarz.com
school web site -