RE: HS still life items

---------

From: Jeanne Voltura (jvoltura_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 02 2004 - 16:19:01 PDT

I teach college classes, and I have one assignment that is based on
still-life value studies...we use 4 different value oriented medias and
papers...but, I always try to change the items we use from semester to
semester...eggs work well if you want something simple...when we use eggs, I
display them in a huge grid of all the different studies that the students
make...styrofoam white flower arrangement forms from Michaels work well
too...I have been adding small glass egg cups and bottles to the still life
set ups of eggs...I buy all different values of velvet and change them each
time so they get the experience of trying to draw different values of the
fabric...I usually set them up so the velvet has many folds ...and so there
are different heights from object to object...