Recycled Jewelry - project idea

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 02 2004 - 15:49:49 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

I made a wearable "shrine" to my family out of several
old pieces of jewelry:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/pin.jpg
This pin (while a bit heavy) has remnants of 9 pieces
of jewelry plus some new beads to finish it off. I
made the face from a mold from Backyard Cards and
Gifts http://www.backyardcards-gifts.com/ - then made
a little Sculpey red hat to fit. The piece framing the
face is a little ceramic frame made by an artist I met
at Arrowmont. Eventually, I will take it apart and
correct my design defects - but for now it is done.
Each charm has personal meaning. The rose in the
center is a little hard to see. I need to replace the
silver pillow beads with something else - and move the
dangles closer together. I will be making a foil
tooled frame for this. The shadow box (cardboard)has
the Poem "Warning" by Jenny Joseph collaged on the
outside.

This might be a fun challenge for your jewelry class
at the end of the year when you don't want to hand out
anymore silver. I will add this image to the "End of
Year Fun" project ideas.

Send in your "end of year" FUN ideas an you can win a
fine art doll! Samples are on IAD:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/dolls2.htm

Judy Decker

=====