Masks Around the World - Great site for images

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 02 2004 - 11:52:16 PDT

(FYI Bob)

Dear Art Educators,

I followed a link on Andy DiConti's site to "Masks
from Around the World"
http://www.masksoftheworld.com/
"...featuring tribal masks from Africa, India, the
Himalayas, Asia, China, Korea, Java, Bali, New
Guinea, Northwest Coast America, Mexico, Guatemala,
the Caribbean, and Native America. Also included are
masks for Halloween, Party, Drama, Art, and
Protection."

Those of you planning multicultural units may want to
take a look this summer. There is also a link to a
book about the collection for only around
$10.00. There are many wonderful images on the site
(with brief description of meaning and purpose for
each mask). While this is a commercial site - it is
great for collecting images for a PowerPoint to get
you started. Bob Ibold (owner of the collection)give
you his blessing to use these images (and text) for
educational purposes (in class use only).

This site is linked from my World Cultures page for
now -- Separate Masks page to come:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/world.htm

I will work on getting some "masks around the world"
links on IAD - as that is a frequent search topic.
Many of the sites I found last summer are no
longer online. If anyone is doing a Masks unit and
needs the links - they are all in the June Getty
archives for 2003.

Judy Decker

=====
Judy Decker