Locked up aerosol paints, fixatives, etc.

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (HillmJan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 02 2004 - 10:24:13 PDT

Maybe you can help with a question.

 All of the aerosol paints, fixatives, and toxic glues are stiored in a locked cabinet, about 3'x4' during the school year. Whenever I open it, the fumes are quite strong smelling. Would it be safe to leave that stuff in there during the summer? Is the stuff so flammable that it could start a fire? My classroom does get used all summer (both closets stay locked). My one option is to put it into my good sized walk-in closet, instead.

 Just wondering 'cause of the fumes.

Thanks for your input,

Jan

---