Re: Outside art activities

---------

From: jlb (wjbaas_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 01 2004 - 18:05:15 PDT

> Hope you all have a great summer break. Thanks for all the ideas and
> problem solving this past year.
>
> Carolyn in Tahoe
>
> Do you have any sidewalk chalk? I've done picture paintings with my
> kids in teams. In Tahoe you wouldn't have to worry about the weather
> ruining the artwork. Each team had to come up with a theme that would
> be appealing to the public since the sidewalk was close to the road.
> Asphalt doesn't work as well since the under surface is black, but it
> can be done. each team got a 5'x5' square to work in. the kids loved
> it, and so did the rest of the school.

Where are you in Tahoe?
We go to Homewood every year. I 've done many paintings and drawings
there. I always forget how beautiful the lake is. Last year it was warm
enough to go swimming on the east shore. Amazing, since the water is
soooooo cold.
We love it! and so do the bears. They are very friendly. Freaked me out
2 years ago.

Hope this helps,
Gelato

---