RE: Still Life

---------

From: Judi Morgan (judi.morgan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 01 2004 - 08:23:44 PDT

We set up a still life using things that were white-paper cups, pottery,
molds, silk flowers, toilet paper rolls, mat board, paper bags, vases.
We used a "cubby" in the art studio, hung different white fabrics or
board, covered boxes to vary heights, and then just filled it
up-including tacking some things onto the walls. We attached a single
light source over the top (that we could adjust the angle). Students
used a view finder to help decide on a section to draw. They came out
great! Next year we will build a black still life.

Judi Morgan

Saint George's School

Spokane, WA