Re: thanks

---------

From: Sharon Henneborn (heneborn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 01 2004 - 06:41:59 PDT

Amy,
Congratulations on your pending retirement. All year long you will be
thinking," This is the last time I will be doing this particular
activity." This will be an intense "approach avoidance" (as they say
in Psychology studies) year. You have so much to look forward to and
so much to look back on.

We do get little glimpses of how much we influence the lives of the
young people we teach and the colleagues we work with and share with on
this list. I figure if we hear back from a few it must be multiplied
many times by those who have not let us know.

Enjoy the time you have remaining with the young folks,
Sharon ~ NJ

On Tuesday, June 1, 2004, at 08:23 AM, Amy Helton wrote:

> Good morning,
> I have been in this group for almost 2 years, basically one of the
> lurkers.  I have enjoyed reading every morning both the great info and
> ideas, and the stories of what we go through as artists and teachers.
> After 27 years of teaching art in grades 3-12, both public, but mostly
> private school I plan on retiring at the end of this school year.
> I met my husband at our state art teachers convention in 1994, married
> in 96, went to the south of France to see the light of Van Gogh,
> returned home to North Carolina , bought land and planted a vineyard.
> I will be retiring to help my husband sell wine at our winery and
> paint and weave.
> Thanks again for all the pages of info, but more the camaraderie.  No
> one knows what we really do with the young people we teach and the
> influence we have on their lives, now and in the future.
> Amy Helton Forsyth Country Day School Lewisville,NC

---