RE: got my job back

---------

From: King, Jean (JKING5_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 30 2003 - 09:52:55 PDT

Susan,

I am not absolutely certain, but I believe that they would need to get a
waiver to put so many students at that grade level into one class at one
time. The limit set for that age level is 22 per class, state law not
district policy. If they did put 30 to 35 kinders in with you, they should
have to provide you a waiver aide. You would need to check this out. This
is for the safety of both the students and yourself, not to mention how much
the students actually learn.

Just a thought. I would not initially express it like that to
administration. I would point out liability. If the numbers stayed the
same, I would point out the aspect of fire hazard. This is too many
students for your average class. I would hold out the law as the last
aspect

I teach in elementary and 30 kinders is alot! It is kinda like herding cats
when you have 25 of them!