Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: 100 Paintings from Taos

From: Jayna Huffines (jayna_99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 29 2003 - 08:19:36 PDT

Thanks for sharing these, Woody. I enjoyed looking at them. Do you (or anyone else reading this) ever combine colored pencil with your watercolors? Not watercolor pencils, but just regular colored pencils? I used to be quite intimidated by watercolor, but I've been playing around with them recently and using colored pencil to layer on top when the painting has dried, and I love the effect. A friend of mine saw a demo I had painted for the kids at school on regular white drawing paper with Crayola cake watercolors and offered to pay me to do paintings of the lillies in her yard. I was so excited, because I knew I thought I had done a good job, and her enthusiasm validated that for me. I'm waiting on her to give me the photos she took of the flowers before I get started, and of course I bought watercolor paper and plan to use my high quality paint. Any tips you have would be great, since I am self-taught as far as watercolors go (just used acrylic and oils in college and thereafter)
 and have never read up on watercolor techniques- at least not until I go to the library tomorrow. I'll email you a picture when I finish, Woody, and see what you think. By the way, I love some of the portraits you included in the 100 paintings!

Woody Duncan <> wrote:
I changed the paintings in my Shockwave Photojam player.
There are now 100 paintings from this years Adams State
Watercolor Workshop held at the Sagebrush Inn in Taos.
There is a hotlink on my home page but clicking below will
get you there:
Please let me know if this works for you. Last year I only
had 44 paintings in the slideshow. You can really see the
diversity that comes from this group.
Enjoy, Woody in KC

28 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
in powerpoint format, on one CD $15