Re: 100 Paintings from Taos

---------

From: Jayna Huffines (jayna_99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 29 2003 - 08:19:36 PDT

Thanks for sharing these, Woody. I enjoyed looking at them. Do you (or anyone else reading this) ever combine colored pencil with your watercolors? Not watercolor pencils, but just regular colored pencils? I used to be quite intimidated by watercolor, but I've been playing around with them recently and using colored pencil to layer on top when the painting has dried, and I love the effect. A friend of mine saw a demo I had painted for the kids at school on regular white drawing paper with Crayola cake watercolors and offered to pay me to do paintings of the lillies in her yard. I was so excited, because I knew I thought I had done a good job, and her enthusiasm validated that for me. I'm waiting on her to give me the photos she took of the flowers before I get started, and of course I bought watercolor paper and plan to use my high quality paint. Any tips you have would be great, since I am self-taught as far as watercolors go (just used acrylic and oils in college and thereafter)
 and have never read up on watercolor techniques- at least not until I go to the library tomorrow. I'll email you a picture when I finish, Woody, and see what you think. By the way, I love some of the portraits you included in the 100 paintings!

Jayna

Woody Duncan <wduncan@kc.rr.com> wrote:
I changed the paintings in my Shockwave Photojam player.
There are now 100 paintings from this years Adams State
Watercolor Workshop held at the Sagebrush Inn in Taos.
There is a hotlink on my home page but clicking below will
get you there:
http://www.taospaint.com/Taosphotojam.html/
Please let me know if this works for you. Last year I only
had 44 paintings in the slideshow. You can really see the
diversity that comes from this group.
Enjoy, Woody in KC

--
28 Quality Middle School Art Lessons