Re: New Mexico Memories

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 28 2003 - 18:16:30 PDT

Woody Duncan wrote:

> It's a different kind of heat. I don't know the humidity level where
> you are at but I assume it's damp heat. 90 degrees in Albuquerque
> is with about 10 % humidity. 90 degrees in Kansas City is with about
> 90 % humidity. When it gets to 50 % they say it's dry here. In New
> Mexico 20 % is labeled as humid. Frani complained about how cold it
> was in Albuquerque at 75 degrees.

So true. Here in Tucson, the official humidity is 10% and it's around
106 degrees; however, the "dew point" is 41%, which means switching from
evaporative coolers to a/c. It feels "humid" to us here--and yes,
having been raised in the southeast, I KNOW humidity. I think Albu is
higher in elevation, so the atmosphere is thinner and does feel cooler.

The light Out West is marvelous, as Woody's paintings will attest to.

Maggie

---