Re: a question - if you have time

---------

From: KPRS (KPRS_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 27 2003 - 19:12:13 PDT

a question - if you have time1. apathy (it seems harder to find kids who are genuinely passionate about anything).

2. cheating and or/doing the least amount of work necessary. I miss the students who wouldn't settle for the minimum.

3. emphasis put on tests (state, national, local). I am someone who believes in learning for learning's sake, and that is to say, I love to learn, and never stop....not because I will be tested, but because I am excited about learning...tests are just necessary milestones, but to some, they are the end all and be all of what and why they learn...after the test, they stop learning..no excitement, no passion.

San D-Teacher of Gifted Students, and Advanced Art Students on the high school level