Re: a question - if you have time

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 27 2003 - 17:28:20 PDT

Patricia Knott wrote:

> What do you see as the three most pressing issues facing
> schools now or in the future?
> Thanks for your help,
> Patty

Patty,
        The easy answers would be money, time and a willingness to change.
But, those are not my answers. At the time of my retirement I spoke to
our school board. We have a good board with a good super, I need to add.
I told them that we were making good progress and I knew they were all
interested in reform. But I believed we only needed three things to bring
about improvement in our schools.
        1 - Hire teachers who know their content.
        2 - Hire teachers who are passionate about what they teach.
        3- Hire teachers who love children.
Then get out of the way and let them teach. It's a simple formula, but
I truly believe it is the correct one.
                                        IMHO, Woody in KC

--
28 Quality Middle School Art Lessons