South American Art - links

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 27 2003 - 13:59:13 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

My survey respondents are looking for South American Artists. Have you found
any sites - or artists- in your surfing you can recommend?

I found this gallery - but will not be providing a link (too many images not
suitable for children):
http://www.artaldo.com/ I am posting so you can browse at your leisure.

Here are LOTS of links to check - by region/country:
http://lanic.utexas.edu/la/region/art/
From Latin America Network Information Center- University of Texas.

Links for Indigenous People of South America:
http://lanic.utexas.edu/la/region/indigenous/

I will be providing a link to this on my page on Hispanic art -- for now it
will be on
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/america.htm
and http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/mexico.htm

I will also provide a link to the artists recommended by Artcyclopedia:
http://www.artcyclopedia.com/nationalities/

Many links provided by Zeroland (also check individual countries at bottom
of page):
http://www.zeroland.co.nz/latin_america.html (I will also put a link to
Zeroland on my site)

Pre-Columbian Art of South America -mainly Peru and Andes (links):
http://www.art-and-archaeology.com/timelines/southamer/south.html
I also have many links on:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/precolum.htm

Native Arts of South America:
http://witcombe.sbc.edu/ARTHamericasoceania.html#southamerica

Universes in Universe has some resources - although some links are outdated:
http://www.universes-in-universe.de/america/english.htm

Museums from South American countries may be helpful (although very few in
English)
http://www.artcyclopedia.com/museums-int.html

I have links on my site to Marisol (now on the American Artists page) and
will add links to Botero.
What other specific artists would you like to see added?

If you are interested in South American Art - save this email to browse
later. This is all I intend to do to research South American Art - and all
that I will post to the lists. I will add artists you come across in your
surfing. Send names/sites to me and I will forward to the survery group
(Jdecker@woh.rr.com).

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department