Wayne Thiebaud in KC

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 27 2003 - 10:40:23 PDT

Someone was kind enough to say one of my new watercolors
reminded them of Thiebaud. That reminded me that the
Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art has a Thiebaud
exhibit going on now. It opened the day I left for Taos.
So, I drove over this morning to see the paintings.
        http://www.kemperart.org/exhibits/current.asp
I was very impressed. Thiebaud (pronounced "Tea-Bow")
is a fantastic colorist. The exhibit is displayed so there is
lots of space to step back and take full advantage of the
subtle color mixing. This exhibition will not travel, it will
be in Kansas City only until August 31. If at all possible
you must take time to view this exhibition. I will be sure
to go again. It will surely effect the way you see color from
now on.
                                                Woody in KC

--
28 Quality Middle School Art Lessons