Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: My New Paintings

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 27 2003 - 08:45:54 PDT

Hi Ken,
        I sell very cheap. That one is a full sheet painted to
the deckled edges. Framed I would sell it at $400.
Unframed would be $200. I hope to convince my son to
make some large frames for me. I plan to float the full
sheets on a foam core backing (unmatted).
                                                Woody in KC
I've never tried that sort of interior painting before.
My painting Buddy Phil took me through "Reyata" where
Kit Carson built a town when he left Taos. Very interesting
place. wrote:
> Woody, These painting are great. I really like the last one with the
> cans in the window. This reminds me of Wayne Thiebaud and the use of
> warm and cool colors for highlights and shades. The flowers are very
> powerful and O'Keeffe like, but with your own special touch.
> I am curious, How much do you sell one of these paintings for? For
> instance, if I was interested in the last painting of cans, How much
> would that be?
> I envy your situation of making art in a studio and now as a retired
> teacher you can devote even more time to your art. This is wonderful.
> Ken Schwab
> Art teacher, Leigh high school, San Jose, CA
> website: Leigh Art ---

28 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
in powerpoint format, on one CD $15
This one soars: