Re: a fear

---------

Artystyc3_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Thu Jun 26 2003 - 11:59:22 PDT

In a message dated 6/26/03 10:32:06 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
occti@mindspring.com writes:

> The fear, which I think is well founded, is that many students will take
> the option just to get out of school early and into the job market rather than
> college.

     I see your point, and I agree the administrators need to look carefully
at them leaving HS and at the other end accepting them at college. Each
decision should be weighed with grades , test scores and an entrance essay and
interview.
      I have to admit I'm tiring of fighting for advocacy in the Arts.
Especially here in Florida where the budget cuts have eliminated funding for the
Arts programs, Museums and the Symphony Orchestra..........how very sad, where
will we be as we begin to reap what we've sown? (Five , ten , fifteen years from
now???) shudder..
Patti in Fl

---