Re: a fear

---------

From: Frances Briggs (frances.briggs_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 26 2003 - 11:20:28 PDT

I think that sometimes people forget that learning about art is important in
order to understand how we see things and perceive the world around us.
Because of the emphasis of the media, movies and television, video games,
computer imagery, etc., it seems like people are cut off from their visual
senses except in how they are manipulated by film, video and computer
technology. It's sad to think of people so cut off from the world and
living many hours relating to small screens, like this computer screen. I
think the joy of seeing and perceiving life and how it is constructed is
essential knowledge for all people. When we understand about color
relationships, the creation of textures and forms, etc. our awareness of our
environment is enriched.
Frances

---