Re: wonderful job in Florida

---------

From: MAK ~ MaryAnn Kohl (mak_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 26 2003 - 09:19:55 PDT

This sounds like heaven!! I might just move there so I can park my car at
the beach. Who needs a house anyway???

6/26/03 7:23 AM: RB7Surf7@aol.com~RB7Surf7@aol.com~

Hi everyone

Just wanted to post that I am leaving my position as an art instructor at
the Orange Ridge Elementary school in Bradenton Florida. The position is
available and I am concerned that the school finds the right person to
replace me.
Bradenton Florida is between St. Petersburg and Sarasota one hour south of
Tampa on th ewest coast of Florida.
Bradenton is a beautiful community that is one of the few towns in Florida
that has a large population of young families as opposed to retired folks.
In fact Bradenton was listed in several publications and studies this past
year as one of the top ten best places in America to live and raise a
family. The value of homes in this area are skyrocketing everyday as many
new and beautiful developments are being built.
Bradenton is on the Gulf of Mexico with beautiful clean beaches with plenty
of free parking right next to the beaches.
I taught art in the New York City school system and in Yonkers NY for years
until someone on this list convinced me to apply for a position here and I
never regretted it.
The salaries here aren't as good as up north but the schools are beautiful,
they are modern up to date completely with modern technology and telephone
systems in each classroom, plenty of money for supplies with limited class
sizes and children that behave themselves. The superintendends and
principals are teacher friendly and everyone is on a first name basis even
"downtown"at the board of ed.
If anyone is interested or has questions,please feel free to e-mail me
direct at
RB7Surf7@aol.com
thanks
RB ---