Re: a fear

---------

From: Rick (rlarson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 26 2003 - 07:05:19 PDT

Many parents don't feel that art is important. They don't know how it
can affect children's lives- not just visual arts, but all of the arts.
I have given a board member some of the advocacy research that I have
accumulated. She needed to know the benefits. The parents need to
understand that art isn't just a make and take opportunity that provide
plans time for 'real' teachers. Again, this is where I think NAEA has
dropped the ball. What has happened to their "Where's the Art?"
Campaign?? We will have to educate the community ourselves, in whatever
way we can.
Daily 2 cents,
Betsy

Jayna Huffines wrote:

> I think the point here is that if kids are only taking what is
> necessary to finish high school in 3 years, less kids will take art
> resulting in less of a need for us, i.e. less jobs, less budget money,
> less all around!!!!!!!!

---