Re: a fear

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 25 2003 - 19:01:48 PDT

I must have missed a response. The article I sent is not about kids bright
enough to "skip" and go on to college. It's about high school kids only
doing what is necessary to get out of the building and therefore
relinquishing electives. I'm sure it is an economic thing --- we can't
afford to house all these kids anymore... or pay for art teachers.
My school has 'senior privilege" First or last period study hall they
don't have to come. The kids wangle their schedules for those study halls.
It's cut into my electives.
I think we have to take a serious look at what is being done to save money.

Patty

In a message dated 6/25/03 9:21:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,