Re: NECC conference

---------

From: Judy Potter (jd-potter_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 25 2003 - 13:40:21 PDT

Woody,
Thanks for the information. I have a feeling you might be right about
the predominance of "techy types." My office is paying for me to attend
the conference and I am traveling with two other early childhood
educators on my expressive arts project. Our goal is to get some new
ideas for integrating arts for children with disabilities through
technology.
Judy Potter

Woody Duncan wrote:

>What does NECC stand for?
> National Educating Computing Conference
> http://www.neccsite.org/
>
>Judy,
> This is a massive conference on the uses of technology in education.
>I attended in Chicago (2001) and in San Antonio (2002). I'm sure the
>attendance was 10,000 or more. I did pick up ideas but was very disappointed
>to not find very many art types there. There were lots of administrators and
>tech types. They had their wireless laptops, cell phones and pda's with them
>everywhere. I spent hours looking at gadgets in the exhibitors areas but very
>little time having meaningful conversations with teachers. If someone
>was paying
>my way I'd go again but not on my own money.
> Woody in KC

---