Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

American Art - Online exhibits - Various museums

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 24 2003 - 13:03:14 PDT

These online exhibits are nice - Those of you who teach units on American
Art might want to take a look.

Treasures to Go- National Museum of American Art

"Treasures to Go" is organized as eight thematic exhibitions of paintings
and sculptures.
Young America - Lure of the West - Scenes of American Life - Modernism and
Abstraction - Contemporary Folk Art - American Impressionsim - The Guilded
Age - Arte Latino.
Might be a good source of images for you.

I have been browsing museum sites and have found some nice interactive

I have added notes to my museum page.

I have indicated all of the museums I could find with online interactive
exhibits and kids pages. Some of these will be featured in upcoming months
on Incredible Art Department Great Sites

If anyone would like the Washington DC links updated - let me know. When I
originally did this page the official sites were off line. Thye are back
online now.

I have not explored any additional world museums. If you find a good site
with collections online post to the list and I will add to my list of wrold

Judy Decker - Ohio
Incredible Art Department