Re: got my job back

---------

From: Susan Holland (Susan_Holland_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 24 2003 - 04:54:54 PDT

artsednet@lists.getty.edu writes:
>wow....36 kids.....isn't that against your state's class size limit? I know
>in CT for K the class size limit is 24. Can't have more than that or you have
>another class! In situations where it has happened (like kids moving in mid
>year and such) yes an aid is provided to help the teacher manage.

Classroom teachers won't see 36- the limit for primary is 24. My district's
money saving idea is that art, music and PE teachers can see a class plus 1/3
for each 45 minute period. That is how the RIF-ed 1/3 of the "special area"
elementary teachers. Of course, the numbers of classes at different grade
levels aren't going to work out to 4 of each, and some grade levels will have
to send a class and a half at a time or even double classes.

susan_holland@teachnet.edb.utexas.edu

---