Re: art camp

---------

From: Deborah Bridges (dbb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 22 2003 - 20:43:19 PDT

A "pull string print" is great fun and easy.
Put some tempera paint in a shallow bowl (like a Healthy Choice plastic
one). Do several colors. Take a piece of heavy string or twine about
12 to15" or so and dip into the paint. Hold onto one end and push it in
so it is covered, squeeze gently between two fingers to remove some of
the paint so it won't be too thick. Lay this on a folded piece of
drawing paper with the end hanging out. Do two or three colors--they
can overlap. Fold the paper over the paint-strings. Place the paper in
a thick magazine. Close with strings hanging out. Press down and
gently pull each string out. Open and Wow! Experiment and you will be a
master in no time! I have also used colored construction paper. When
dry, cut in half if you wish. You can mount them on construction
paper. Keep one and draw back into it with markers for another look. I
have done this with all ages-from K to 12.
Debby

---