Chinese Tantra Totem

---------

From: Deborah Bridges (dbb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 22 2003 - 20:24:54 PDT

  I was reading all of the James Joyce introspective discussions. I
just want to add, that my high school art students were amazed at the
power of their art which I display in the hall. They learned an
important lesson as teachers and visitors spoke of their
emotions/feelings in viewing the art displays. They finally began to
see themselves as artists and to see the importance of their own
art--not just another "assignment". I had pushed them to be expressive
and original--to take chances--to put their emotions into their art.
 Send a message! And what a response they got back!
This was sent to me, and I really like it. I thought all you
philosophers/deep thinkers might like it, too.
THE FOLLOWING IS A CHINESE GOOD LUCK TANTRA TOTEM.

ONE.
Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
TWO.
Marry a man/woman you love to talk to. As you get older, their
conversational skills will be as important as any other.
THREE.
Don't believe all you hear, spend all you have or sleep all you want.
FOUR.
When you say, "I love you", mean it.
FIVE.
When you say, "I'm sorry", look the person in the eye.
SIX.
Be engaged at least six months before you get married.
SEVEN.
Believe in love at first sight.
EIGHT.
Never laugh at anyone's dreams. People who
don't have dreams don't have much.
NINE.
Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt
but it's the only way to live life completely.
TEN.
In disagreements, fight fairly. Please No name calling.
ELEVEN.
Don't judge people by their relatives.
TWELVE.
Talk slowly but think quickly.
THIRTEEN.
When someone asks you a question you don't want
to answer, smile and ask, "Why do you want to know?"
FOURTEEN.
Remember that great love and great
achievements involve great risk...
FIFTEEN.
Say "bless you" when you hear someone sneeze.
SIXTEEN.
When you lose, don't lose the lesson.
SEVENTEEN.
Remember the three R's:
Respect for self;
Respect for others;
Responsibility for all your actions.
EIGHTEEN.
Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
NINETEEN.
When you realize you've made a mistake,
take immediate steps to correct it.
TWENTY.
Smile when picking up the phone.
The caller will hear it in your voice.
TWENTY ONE.
Spend some time alone.
You are suppose to sent it to your friends for luck, but I just thought
it was good advice.
Hope you liked,
Debby

---