Lessons needed for Incredible Art Department

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 22 2003 - 11:48:01 PDT

Now that most of you are off for the summer, I thought it would be a good
time to post the needs for Incredible Art Department. Here is the list of
lesson requests from my survey (many had the same or similar requests - so
all responses are not listed). I would like to have images of student work
with lesson plans and ideas. Look through your files to see what you already
have written up into a lesson plan. I have already searched the web for many
of these topics and forwarded to the group (or lists).
All elementary and middle school teachers were also interested in projects
for various artists and cultures (I will post those lists again). Send
lesson plans and images to Jdecker@woh.rr.com. You may also submit images
for an "ideas" page - give me enough of an explanation that folks can write
their own lesson plan from your description. Post any good school sites you
come across this summer. If you find quality lesson plans online over the
summer in your surfing for any of these topics - post to the list and I will
compile and get them off to my survey group.

High School Requests:
More high school - Advanced Placement lesson plans
- especially concentration
Interested in how to jump start high school imaginations
More aesthetics lesson plans, painting
Computer Graphics, Sculpture, Drawing
Lessons for: Tempera, acrylic, colored pencils, reg. pencils, watercolor,
ink, printmaking supplies, pastels, crayons and craypas
a.) More art and technology b.) basic (one class period) lessons on the
elements & principles
Anything metal
Corel Draw ideas as well as digital/technology
Crafts such as weaving; basketry; mosaic; or any others.
Paper (sculpture/pop-up) plans as I mainly have to adapt elementary lessons
for this media
Ceramics

Middle School Requests:
Quilts, fiber arts, tissue paper stained glass, architecture lessons, folk
art, focus on American Artists, Audubon lesson, Day of the Dead (mixed
media)
Sculpture, printmaking, painting and drawing
1.Graphics oriented lessons,
2.Graphic design lessons (typography or lettering oriented),
3. Lessons which can be used by disinterested/disruptive students
without denying the more interested student the opportunity to learn the
concepts/skills of art,
4. Issues-oriented lessons which are appropriate for middle school,
5. Low-budget lessons for large classes (35-40 students,
$1.00/student/year).
6.Low-budget lessons for middle school that integrate science, e.g.
astronomy,
7.Projects which integrate the design process with art production
oriented lessons.
8. Ecological, environmental lessons which don't require a great deal
of resources.
 I would like to see what teachers, who use design-process (e.g. graphic
design, product design), projects are doing at the middle school level.
Mix medium and painting techniques
a.) More art and technology b.) basic (one class period) lessons on the
elements & principles
PRINCIPLES AND ELEMENTS LESSONS, PERSPECTIVE (1,2 POINT),
ART HISTORY, ANY MEDIA MONET, PICASSO, O'KEEFFE
Sculpture, graphic design and painting
Technology (everything from copy machine to digital camera to computers)

Elementary Lesson Requests:
Elementary math and science
Yearly plan for elementary
Mix medium and painting techniques
Cut paper, pastels, activities that can be completed in a 30 min. class
period
Crayon, colored pencil, collage elementary level
Russia projects
Technology (everything from copy machine to digital camera to computers)
Lessons for lower grades integrating their social studies, language arts
and science curriculums.
Holiday art
Impressionism lessons
Sub plans
Sculpture lessons for lower grades

Thanks in advance. I will be breaking these lists down over the summer and
reposting - but wanted to give you an idea what folks are looking for.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/