For Texas Members

---------

From: Pam Stephens (pgstephens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 21 2003 - 13:21:55 PDT

Just a reminder that presentation proposals for the fall TAEA conference are
due June 30. If you plan to attend, please consider making a presentation.
The success of the TAEA conference relies upon the willingness of the
membership to share.

A hardcopy of the presentation proposal was in the recent issue of the TAEA
newsletter.

You can find a printable version of the proposal at the TAEA website.
http://www.coe.uh.edu/taea/events/2003conf/source/conf2003.html

Email me at pgstephens@attbi.com if you would prefer an electronic version
of the proposal.

Don't forget that the conference is at the Fairmont Hotel in Dallas. The
Fairmont is located in the Arts District and is within walking distance of
many cultural outlets. You must call the Fairmont and state that you are a
TAEA member to receive the best rate. Do not use the Fairmont's 800 number.
Call the hotel directly. Internet bookings are more expensive.

American Airlines is giving TAEA members discounted flights if 10 or more
members chose American as their carrier. If you book your AA flight before
mid-September, American will give an additional discount. You must use a
special reference number to receive these discounts. Information is
available in the newsletter or contact me.

Conference speakers are Jesus Moroles, William Cochran and Fred Babb. The
Guerrilla Girls will perform Saturday. Fred will autograph posters
following his general session talk Sunday. Special events are planned to
the Dallas Museum of Art, the Trammell Crow Collection of Asian Art, the
Meyerson Symphony Center (an I.M. Pei building), and the new Nasher
Sculpture Garden. An electronic animation workshop will be offered
off-site. On-site events include a Sanford Super Session, a workshop in
lost-wax casting, and a photography workshop. Plus much, much more.

I look forward to seeing you all in Dallas in November.

Best to you all,
Pam
Conference Co-chair

---