Re: Looking for meaningful 3-D projects for my 2nd and 3rd graders.

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 21 2003 - 09:04:53 PDT

I did a project with my 3rd grade this year that was spur of the moment and
the results were wonderful. Each student got a tp or paper towel tube
(student choice) and their assignment was to create either a love bug or a
computer bug. I got out all the leftovers - feathers, wiggle eyes, beads,
yarn, wire, etc and let them just create. They then created a mat for their
bug to sit on - it had to show the bug's habitat and a brief description of
what made their bug unique. I have some examples posted at
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids/artlessons/third/bugs.html .
Unfortunately I somehow missed getting examples of their mats - they were
really cute. :-)
~*~Michal~*~
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

Subject: Looking for meaningful 3-D projects for my 2nd and 3rd graders.

>There are so many 3-D projects that are step by
> step, everyone makes the same thing. I don't want those. I am after
> units where each child's art looks personalized and creative.

---