Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Huichol Art - some links to art and info

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 20 2003 - 18:46:53 PDT

I will eventually add some Huichol links to my page on art of Mexico. I was
looking for non-commercial sites - but those are hard to find. I have listed
a few commercial sites that have nice images and background information. If
anyone finds a university site or museum site with information and images -
please post. There are many commercials sites out there. Thought I would
post these in case anyone else was interested. It will be a while before I
put them on my site.

Huichol Art Center
Beadwork, yarn painting, mask

Yarn Painting -over fifty images of yarn paintings (some pretty small) -
from Cal State Bernardino
has explanation for each work. Great exhibit.
Same works - presented in frames

Huichol Art and symbolism:
Yarn Painting images of a vanishing culture:
More links to people and culture:

Huichol Yarn painting - commercial site - but has quality images and
historical background

Bead Museum - Huichol Web of Life: Creation and Prayer: Unit plan

Huichol Culture - two very nice images:

Brief outline:

Commercail site - has lots of examples of Huichol art - and background

Huichol Art - has some background informatin and many images of yarn

Some information - Huichol Indians and Shamanism
More on Huichol beliefs:

Information on the Huichol - with photographs of the people.

Map showing location of Huichol:

Lots of links - I didn't check all of these:

Judy Decker - Ohio
Incredible Art Department