Re: James Joyce

---------

From: jw (jmwjeann_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 20 2003 - 14:45:50 PDT

pknott@enter.net wrote:

> ". . . .Art is:
> made by human beings
> has a form
> has intention

> that is pretty open ended . . . "

At first I was going to chime in "good grief, Patty", but then I came to
this last part. Seems like I recall something like that from my old
aesthetics text, and it has the ring of good sense about it.

One more thought, however: I saw part of a series recently on PBS
called "Inside the Animal Mind". Anyway, I don't think I'll agree for
certain that monkeys cannot make art. J.

---