RE: art camp

---------

From: Jeanne Voltura (jvoltura_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 20 2003 - 13:41:40 PDT

Hi Michelle,

I have alot of new and interesting activities that I have come up with at
the Children's Museum in Las Vegas...if you give me an idea of some
materials you might already have, I might be able to give you a new
activity...one thing that kids really liked (and parents too) was to
re-create a Jackson Pollock painting...I showed the video of him doing a
drip painting...showing there was a method to his painting instead of just
flinging paint...how is is really beautiful and caligraphic...and kids got
to come in and do it for them selves...it became a big group painting
though...so you could put kid in teams...and have them work together on a
collaboration...maybe? And then display them and critique why there is value
in this kind of abstract art...and how its about the process of making it
and about the history of recording the process of making it...

Jeanne