RE: James Joyce

---------

From: Jeanne Voltura (jvoltura_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 20 2003 - 13:35:59 PDT

I think anything that is made with the human hand and mind could be
considered a creation...which could be considered art ...some creations are
meant to be studies for finished pieces...in the past, many museums have
taken artists studies and made them into finished art by hanging them on the
wall...this confuses the public though because then they think of the
unfinished creation as finished art and wonder why the artist made something
so unfinished....I think that art can be defined as anything that is created
to be viewed...or with the intentions of being viewed in the future in some
form or another...art takes so many forms and philosophies though...some art
is meant to be viewed in order to change peoples views or opinions...some
art is made with the intentions to be sold...some art is made personally not
to be viewed...but, this type of art borders on personal therapy...and there
is nothing wrong with that...like I said in an earlier message...that all
art can be useful to all people...and thats why its important for people who
make art just for themselves to always think about what they might be
communicating to an audience because at some point it might be seen by
one...