Re: Denver, CO--need information

---------

From: Judie (judiej50_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 20 2003 - 03:28:32 PDT

Thanks, Beth, I will forward this information on to her. I guess I didn't
say in my message, she is interested in an elementary classroom position.
She isn't an art teacher.

We're just feeling the frustration of coming off of a year and a half
certification program only to be met with no jobs available. When will
this economy ever turn around!!!!?????

Thanks again. Judie

>Judie,
>
>I work in Douglas County School District just south of Denver by about 15
>miles. If this is the area she is looking in, have her go the the
>district website to check on job prospects
>http://www.dcsd.k12.co.us/district/index.html. They post new positions
>around noon on Tuesdays. Most of our elementary schools are year-round.
> There are a few who have grown out enough they have reverted back to
>traditional. We finish up tomorrow and start the next school year on July
>7th. At this time she may only be able to find a position subbing when an
>art teacher is off-track. Last year we did have some teachers leave
>mid-year and their jobs were posted. Hope this helps!
>
>Beth in Colorado ---

---