Egyptian Interactive site

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 19 2003 - 19:27:53 PDT

This site was just posted to ArtsEducators - it is EXCELLENT!
http://www.thebanmappingproject.com/
It gives you a tour all through the Valley of the Kings. Experience
sixty-five narrated tours by Dr. Weeks and explore a 3D recreation of tomb
KV 14. Has LOTS of high quality images (click on transcripts to go to the
larger images - if you click default, you will get the jpegs). Short videos
(load fast) taking you inside the tombs plus an amazing 3-D tour through one
of the tombs that is a must see (click to view images as you explore). All
sections of the site are informative. Interactive timeline - plus a section
(Sites) that hyperlinks to the video clip for that tomb - and some
interesting articles. There are links given, too - Tut fans will want to
check the link to all of the photographs from the tomb (black and white
photos). This site is great for middle school and above - maybe even upper
elementary? You decide.

The Theban Mapping Project was honored for the excellence of this website as
a nominee for a Webby Award in the category of Best Practices.

I will be featuring this sometime on Great Sites - plus will add it to my
Egyptian Art links.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department