Re: Mural tips needed

---------

From: Sid Miller (sidmill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 19 2003 - 13:46:31 PDT

Hi , We just finished a giant mural--8'x80'. It was an unbelievable
amount of work and time. The one good thing we did was suggest that we
paint the mural on 4x8' sheets of 1/4" masonite cut to fit doors etc.
It was for a local restaurant and was high on the wall so it would have
been impossible to paint with kids over a long period of time. We had
it spread out all around the classroom so the other students enjoyed
watching it progress. Our mural was of the local area with landmarks,
people, houses, businesses etc.--even an alien. Another good thing was
that we primed the masonite first with a dark brown color which made the
mostly landscape nature of it so much easier to paint.We used flat house
paint gallons of primary colors plus black and white. We premixed
first in salsa containers with lids so it was easy to handle--then we
used old cookie sheets from home ec. for more careful mixing for
specific things. Good luck. Sid

---