Re: K teachers/science and animals

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 19 2003 - 09:56:09 PDT

Students this age love to go out and pick plants - my own students can name a good 15 prairie plants. So they could go pick and identify plants, do rubbings with them, smush them and see if they can "paint" with them, do printmaking with them, make plaster casts. This is just off the top of my head. :-)
~Michal

  Hi all, it's been a little while since I taught Kindergarten and one of my high school students has asked for some help preparing lessons/projects for his 4-8 year old campers.

  I've given him a bunch of stuff for "animal week" but am drawing a blank for "science week".

  Any of your favorite ideas on either subject would be greatly appreciated.

  Thanks!

  Julie Sawyer